Traditionally, every two years we participate at Busworld Kortrijk 2015 (Belgium), the biggest and the oldest International Trade Fair for Bus Industry on the world. This year we have been present at presentation stands of our four Business Partners - Continental VDO, Konvekta, MiX Telematics and Molpir.
Continental VDO has presented the newest driver’s workplace – FAP mDWP with more colorful and having higher resolution MVP 12 display. New dimension of driver’s workplace – mFap primarily guarantees ergonomics of driver’s work.
According to the newest guidelines of EBSF project ("European Bus System of the Future") in the frames of UITP, all buses should combine the best features in terms of ergonomics, space and comfort. Driver’s comfort is provided by ergonomic, and fully regulated driver’s workplace, which guarantees safe driving.
This new standard of driver’s workplace will be in force from 2017!
Unification of the driver's workplace in all buses guarantees safety of the driver and passengers.
See two videos illustrating concept and implementation of a new mFAP :
Characteristic of the new mFap:
• two free configurable switch panels,
• two optional panels for more switches, displays, or accessory,
• design and size of panels and clusters can be adapted and changed depending on your needs,
• new, 12.3 -inch, more colorful and having a higher resolution display MultiViu Professional 12 (MVP),
• operating system and software tailored to the requirements of 2D / 3D graphic
and animation requirements with “easy to modify” HMI control panel.
Polish company Solaris Bus & Coach is the first, and so far the only manufacturer in Europe, who has implemented a new driver’s workplace to his new Urbino 12 LE bus. New bus had its premiere at this year's Busworld. Our engineers from Development & Support Department prepared visualization of information from the engine to MultiViu Professional 12 (MVP) display and control (7" MVF display) from other systems which are in the bus. They cooperated closely with designers from Solaris company.
The use of new, ergonomic driver's workplace mFap means:
• elimination of additional monitors and indicators,
• flexibility of programming,
• standardization of performance and location of elements on vehicle dashboard
(unitary design of indicators, switches, controls, air vents and plastic parts of FAP),
• transparency of information provided to the driver,
• easy service and diagnostic.